Monday, August 21, 2017

Hi!

What a day!  It was wonderful spending this afternoon with my daughter, as we watched the eclipse.  First, once she arrived, we had a bowl of chili.  She said she wanted her Mom's chili, so we had that for lunch, around 12:30, and then set up cameras and sat on the pool deck waiting for the eclipse to occur.  My husband, her Daddy, Dick, arrived around 2:15, and he had welding glasses for us to use so we could actually see the eclipse.  We didn't look at it long, but would glance at it through the welding glasses, and using the welding helmet.  We had never thought to do that on our own.  Neither one of use were lucky enough to get glasses.  It was kinda weird looking right before it occurred. There was like a dusky haze over the area, our view of the area, almost like it was going to storm from every direction.  The temperature did drop right as the moon was center, though it never really got dark.  It was just fun that we sort of had our own little viewing party, Vicki Faye, Dick and myself.  She got a picture of the three of us.  I got a picture of her taking pictures through the welding helmet, and posted it to my Facebook page.  She is so silly, but thinking to do that got her one of the greatest eclipse pictures, that is hers forever.

When Victoria arrived, she brought her new puppy with her.  His name is Chester, and he is a miniature Schnauzer.  He is adorable.  He had so much fun playing ball.  He wants to sit in your lap.  He is a perfect size right now, so small and cute.  He is only four months old, and smaller than the cats.  Lacy loved him, and wanted to know more about him, until he started wanting to get a little rough in his playing.  Then, she started meowing at him and got high on her tree. Lily hated him from the start, and she was on the highest level of their tree she could get.  She would hiss at him and cry out.  It was too funny!  I just worried about her.  She gets so nervous and scared, and I think that she didn't like the experience.

Okay, I have a couple swap cards to finish.  I agreed to do galaxy background cards.  I don't know what I was thinking.  Not sure I'm going to do very good with this type of card, but my daughter says I have a good idea.  Since she has her Masters, is gallery director at OU and is an artist, I took that as a compliment.  She gave me a couple ideas, and I liked her advice.  At least I'm now excited about trying it out.

Well I will go for now.  Have a great day!

Happy stamping!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment