Thursday, August 17, 2017

Hi!

Well, thought I would post today.  I haven't for a few days.  I have been working like a mad woman on a swap, for the Card Conga group on Facebook.  If you are a card maker, come across this blog, and would enjoy swapping with women around the world, check out Card Conga.  It is a wonderful group of ladies.  I am so happy I found the group.  It has been so much fun, and I have met some of the most wonderful people.  Thank you, Samantha Kurtz, for adding me.

Anyway, I have been working so madly on this swap, which is a two way fun fold swap, which you can find on YouTube under Dawn's Stamping Thoughts.  It is an awesome fold.  I needed to do a really neat card.  I wanted to color.  I love to color, so I stamped up a bike from Unity Stamps, and a sentiment that is so true and dear to my heart - "It's not about the destination, it's about the ride."  I went with coral and teal colors.  It turned out okay, I believe.  I consulted Tessie and Barb.  Barb decided I needed one more thing on the front, so I placed a banner on it.  I think it was the perfect touch.  At least I hope so.  Thanks, Barb!

Today is my Daddy's 80th birthday.  I need to give him a call.  Knowing the way he and my Mom (73 until October) run the streets, they are out and about, shopping, eating, and running the rally, which just started in Ironton, tonight.  They are probably at the rally, because my brother has set up his pizza stand at the rally.  Hope he does good.  If you are in the Ironton area, check out Matney's Wood Fire Pizza. It's pretty darn good!  People seem to like it, and he is doing a really good job pleasing their taste buds.

Well, I have to address my envelopes for mailing.  I have stamped the envelops with a couple of sayings, and I have placed my swap card inside.  Now, to get them all stamped and ready for the mail lady tomorrow.  Enjoy this nice summer evening.  I wish you well.

Happy Stamping!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment